• To record the history of the large format movies and the 70mm cinemas as remembered by the people who worked with the films. Both during making and during running the films in projection rooms and as the audience, looking at the curved screen.
• in70mm.com, a unique internet based magazine, with articles about 70mm cinemas, 70mm people, 70mm films, 70mm sound, 70mm film credits, 70mm history and 70mm technology. Readers and fans of 70mm are always welcome to contribute.
|in70mm.com publishes an e-mail newsletter which is sent to users. If you want to join or discontinue, please send an e-mail to Bill Lawrence, in70mm.com. 902 readers already signed up.|
• Go to e-Newsletter page
• See Past Issues
|in70mm.com is proud to be associated with one of the finest cinemas in Europe, Schauburg Cinerama, home of the annual Todd-AO Festival in Karlsruhe, Germany.|
• Go to Schauburg Cinerama | Todd-AO Festival
|WHAT PEOPLE HAVE SAID ABOUT IN70MM.COM|
|"I continue to be impressed by the dedication you have to the continuing wellbeing of 70mm. I would like you to have met my colleague and friend, the late Robert Gottschalk, founder and driving force of Panavision. He was of the unshakeable opinion that picture quality, real picture QUALITY, depended on a big piece of negative, the bigger the better." |
All good wishes, Sir Sydney Samuelson, December 2009
Thank you, Thomas, and especially for your efforts in keeping in70mm such a vibrant, unique and informative platform to record and keep alive the spirit of film and of course large format film.
George Florence, Melbourne, Australia
Thanks for carrying the torch.
Greg Kimble, Hollywood, USA
Thanks for the wonderful work that reminds us the good old days of the 70 mm format. Your site is still the best for 70mm fans, and I hope it will continue with the good work.
Paulo Roberto, Rio, Brazil
• Go to Testimonials
• Go to Sir Sydney
|THE 70MM RUMOUR MILL|
Long-time in70mm.com contributor and 70mm pioneer in India, Mr. Ramachandra Babu, passed away 21. December 2019 says The New Indian Express.
• Somaflex-65-70MM, India's First 65mm Camera
• 70mm Film in India
Martin Hart (14 November 1946 - 25 November 2019), creator of the "American WideScreen Museum" web site has passed away.
• Go to The 70mm Rumour Mil
• Go to Chronological premiere list of major 70mm films
|WHAT'S PHOTOGRAPHED ON 65MM?|
• Go to Photographed on 65mm Film UPDATED
• Go to “Tenet” | "Eclipse" | "Daughter of Dismay" | Apollo 11 | "Death on the Nile"
• Go to Premiere list of all classic 70mm films
• Go to The Cinerama page
• Go to Louis de Rochemont's "Windjammer" in Cinemiracle
• Go to The Technirama Story + Update
• Go to Films in Super Technirama 70
• Go to Probably never in Super Technirama 70?
• Go to The RAMA Pages
• Go to Alphabetical listing of Ramas
• Go to 2019 "Rama" - In all it's screen splendour!
|EDITOR'S FAVORITE FILM|
• Go to Stanley Kubrick's "2OO1: A Space Odyssey" in Super Panavision 70